Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life's a bowl of....apples?

September was a very fun filled month for our house. It wouldn't be a good September without a few trips to the apple orchard--it's a tradition! This year we made 4 trips to the apple orchard in total and I am sure we will squeeze in a couple last chance trips this October too. We go to Wilson's Apple Orchard north of Iowa City. They have tractor rides on the weekend, a picnic area, apple treats to taste and of course an impressive collection of apple trees covering the entire apple orchard. We love to go as a family and literally just get lost out in the orchard and the boys love being able to taste all the yummy apples and treats.

So many apples later...here are some pictures from our most recent family trip. On this trip we got to show off the orchard to Kim, Reid and Jessie since they came for a special visit that weekend.

Little apple farmer, Oliver is excited to go pick some apples!
appleorchard1.jpg picture by hawkeyeglaser

Waiting for the tractor
appleorchard2-1.jpg

Smile--TAKE ONE
appleorchard2.jpg

SMILE--TAKE TWO, only one kid is smiling! Gotta do it again!
appleorchard3.jpg

I said smiiiiiile--TAKE THREE, okay I give up!
appleorchard4.jpg

Family Portrait-- Christmas card photo perhaps?
appleorchard5.jpg

appleorchard1-1.jpg

Tractor Ride!
appleorchard6.jpg

What's that mom? You want an apple? Let me see here, I just have one apple left in my basket and I took a bite out of it. Sorry I ate the rest!
appleorchard7.jpg

Brent and Thomas
appleorchard8.jpg

Oooooh!!! Apples!
appleorchard9.jpg

Come on Oliver, there are more apples this way! Hurry, we have to get the good ones!
appleorchard10.jpg

Oliver and Thomas
appleorchard11.jpg

This one tastes just right!
appleorchard12.jpg

Taking a big bite!
appleorchard13.jpg

Yum!
appleorchard14.jpg

And for my last magic trick...I will make this apple disappear in 3...2...1!
appleorchard15.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment