Saturday, March 8, 2014

A letter to Thomas








Thomas turned eight on Friday. We had friends over to celebrate his birthday today.

Here is Thomas blowing out his birthday candles. For the first time he stopped to make a wish before blowing out the candles. It kind of melt my heart.

He won't tell us what he wished for. But I had to smile because this birthday showed me how different he is just from last year.

Thomas,
You love to lead. You are a great leader.
You are smart. You think for yourself and like a good challenge.
You are impulsive and like to have fun in the moment. But you are getting better about knowing when to stop and think before you do something.
You make friends easily because you love to laugh. You do silly things and it makes everyone smile.
You have a strong sense of morals. You want things to be fair.
You are a big help around the house. You always help your sister and you even help your brother too. Even when you don't want to.
You make mistakes, but you always are willing to try again. You are persistent.
You like to win. You are ambitious and I know you will do big things.
You are observant. I see you. I see you watching your dad and I.
You are starting to ask good questions about life. I love seeing you think out problems and wonder about God.

Eight I think will be fun. I know we will have our share of challenges ahead of us. But I know that means there will be even more opportunities for you to grow. I love seeing you grow up. I love our "date" nights. Our birthday breakfast was my favorite. Your dad and I are proud. We love you.
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment