Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Anniversary Weekend

A quick update about our weekend.

Saturday Brent and I started our day out normal and spent time with the boys and went on a hunt for an exersaucer for Oliver. Oliver LOVES to stand and seems ready for a jumper or exersaucer. We had no luck finding one at our Target and Walmart but are hoping to make a run to Des Moines some time soon to the BabiesRUs to get the Baby Einstein one there. Since Saturday was our Anniversary, Reid and Jessie came to town from Des Moines to watch the boys for us. We grilled out a late lunch with them and later in the evening had a night out as a couple. Our evening was fantastic, Brent and I dressed nice and enjoyed a dinner out followed by our first movie in a longggg time. We saw 17 Again and it was really cute! Definitely a good pick for us! We then had a night away from the boys. It was nice to get a break but I am happy to be at home again with my boys. It was hard to "leave" them even with two great people like Jessie and Reid. I missed them!

On Sunday we started out with a slow morning indoors since it rained the night before. However, the weather turned out very nice and we went golfing. Thomas saw lots of things on the golf course. We saw frogs and fish in the pond and lots of geese and ducks. And of course lots of dirt as boys somehow always find because Thomas decided to muddy up his pants a bit! We got home before the thunderstorms popped up across Eastern Iowa. Up north there was a tornado but we were no where near any of that. Since it was still nice out for us, we grilled out again. Actually, I have been cooking a lot less around here. Brent is the "grill master" and has been grilling out every chance he can get. No complaints here, I will always welcome a cooking break!

Today (Monday) was rainy so we were stuck inside. But Lindsay came to the rescue and made caterpillar crafts with the Thomas and baked brownies. Brownies are Thomas' favorite right now and he is always begging to lick the bowl so I know he had a very good day! I tested out some new spring recipes. I made some old fashioned potato salad and turkey sloppy joes. Brent and Thomas gave me their approval and ate them up so I think that will be one we make again sometime very soon! And to end our night we had our weekly House/24 night. I won't give the endings away but the 24 writing staff are really good at twisting the story line and keeping me guessing who the next "bad guy" is. Can't wait to watch the next episode!
Jessie and Oliver
Golfing

Our future Tiger Woods maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment